Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

X-MEN: FIRST CLASS DIRECTOR REMOVES MOVIE DETAILS



X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has been speaking about his reasons for taking on the job, and his thoughts on it become yet another X-Men franchise.

The movie is set in the 1960's, and serves as a prequel to the X-Men series, seeing protagonists Professor X and Magneto setting in motion the origin of their respective groups, the X-Men and the Brotherhood of Mutants.

Vaughn told Empire magazine, "I've always wanted to do a movie set in the '60s. The difference is that now I have experience. On X3 [which he was at one point set to direct] it was cast and I just had to tell the story. Here we have to recast every role, recreate the '60s - which is not easy - and redesign everything. We've been playing catch-up, but it's working."

Vaughn called on James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender to play X and Magneto, the reasons for this being, as he explains, "I wasn't trying to cast the young Patrick [Stewart] or Ian [McKellen]. I was trying to cast the young Professor X and Magneto; what those characters are in my mind."

Like the other X-Men films, Vaughn hopes this could be the start of something big. He says, "For me, I'm trying to make a movie that stands on its own two feet. Hopefully there'll be a lot more of this version of the franchise."

X: Men - First Class is released on June 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment

X FOLLOWERS