Your Ad Here
Your Ad Here

JANUARY JONES TALKS ABOUT PLAYING EMMA FROST IN X-MEN: FIRST CLASS




Mad Men actress January Jones wasn't the first actress cast as the mutant telepath Emma Frost in director Matthew Vaughn's upcoming adaptation of X-Men: First Class. That distinction belongs to British actress Alice Eve, who was initially pegged for the role, but negotiations were never finalized so Jones was cast instead. Jones told The LA Times that her excitement about the role took a hit when she found out that the next X-Men movie was going to be a prequel set in the same time period as the hit AMC show that she appears on.




When I heard that this installment of X-Men was gonna take place in the '60s I was like, "Oh my God, you must be kidding me!" But I read the script and familiarized myself with the character of Emma Frost. She's so, so far from Betty and from Mad Men, and it takes place in that time but it doesn't feel like a period movie.

Technically, Jones is the second actress to play Emma Frost, as Tahyna Tozzi appeared as a younger incarnation in X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Jones admitted that playing the older version of Frost is quite intimidating, particularly due to the scantily clad nature of the character.




The costumes are insane. It’s a lot of very body-conscious stuff. If you look at the comic book, she’s barely dressed. She’s got quite the bod, which is very intimidating. I’m thinking, "I’m supposed to be doing crunches on the plane." How am I gonna get buff in one day? I’m a petite person, so I didn’t want to go into a strict workout and eating regime. I would have disappeared entirely, and she’s very busty, very voluptuous, so I didn’t want to get rid of any of my curves.

Jones was already revealed as Frost in some set photos released in September. What was not revealed is the diamond-skin appearance that Frost can take. "I don’t have to do all the crazy prosthetics," Jones revealed about Frost's alternate form. "When I morph into my diamond form, it’s all done on computer."


With one part of her performance handled by others, Jones can concentrate on making sure her portrayal will please comic book fans.



Fans of the X-Men comics have a very set idea of these characters in their heads. I wanted to know as much as I could about her so I wasn’t disappointing anyone. I’m sure I will still disappoint someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

X FOLLOWERS